2012 Nisswa Turtle Races
Nisswa Turtle Races
June 6 - August 15, 2012
(behind the gazebo on Main Street)
1:00 pm - Registration
$4 per racer
(each racer receives an official 2012 Nisswa Turtle Race Button)
Be sure to get there early!
*Winner of the weekly Turtle Racers are announced on KLKS Radio 104.3 FM, posted on www.nisswa.com, and posted in the Nisswa Chamber Office.
How Nisswa Turtle Races Work:
1. Purchase your $4 official turtle button to race
2. Listen for the announcer to call your race number (heats have 15 to 20 racers at a time)
3. At this time you will enter the "racing ring" in the middle of the track
4. Pick out your turtle
5. Listen for the whistle and let your turtle go
6. The turtles will be in buckets with water and must stay in the bucket until the announcer says to "Get your turtle ready"
7. When your racing heat is over, you will return the turtle to the "racing ring"
8. After heat racing is over - the winners from each heat will compete for the "Grand Champion" of the Nisswa Turtle Races.
Other Special Races to participate in:
1. Resort Race: if you are staying at an area resort, motel, or campground, you can race in this one. We will race until we have an "Overall Resort Winner"
2. Out of State/Country Race: if you are not a Minnesota resident you can enter this race
3. Grandparents Race: this is for a grandparent. A grandchild can go to the "racing ring" and assist their grandparent in racing a turtle.
4. Tiny Tots Race: this is a special race for all of those under the age of 5.
5. Locals Only Race: this race is for local residents of the area who live in Nisswa or neighboring communities (Pequot Lakes, Brainerd, Baxter, Merrifield)