Lakes Area Music Festival
The Lakes Area Chamber Music Festival is an inspiring collaboration between talented music conservatory students and professional musicians from the world-class Minnesota Orchestra, St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, Milwaukee Symphony and collegiate faculties. Each summer, the Festival enriches the Brainerd Lakes Area with world-class classical music performances. The organization raises cultural literacy and fosters the talents of community musicians as well as top music students from around the country, through collaboration with players in America's best professional orchestras.
- Unique collaboration with the Minnesota Orchestra, St. Paul Chamber Orchestra and other nationally known organizations
- Will debut a new children's day camp in 2012
- Season is July - August, although there are special additional concerts in June
- Founded by Scott Lykins who is from the Nisswa area
- All concerts are free of charge